What you need to know?
Starting from July 31, 2023, eBay will launch the Shipping Performance Policy – Item Not Received Rate.
Sellers with a higher than market average “Item not received” rate may be subject to a range of actions including without limitation, eBay administratively ending or removing listings, enforcing buying or selling restrictions, adjusting selling limits and/or suspending the relevant accounts.
As a seller, shipping your items in a timely and reliable manner is crucial to provide a great shipping experience to your buyers. Most of the time when something goes wrong, it is due to delays, inaccuracies, or lack of visibility related to the delivery of an item. You’re expected to follow these best practices:
- Ship items within your specified handling time
- Use reliable carriers that offer shipment tracking
- Manage inventory and keep items well stocked
- Charge reasonable shipping and handling costs
- Specify shipping costs and handling time in the listing
- Be helpful, friendly, and professional with your buyer throughout a transaction
The “Item Not Received” or “INR” rate, namely, the percentage of transactions where the buyers reported that the items were not delivered or were not available for collection.
How are you being evaluated?
Evaluation Frequency: Monday on a fortnightly basis.
INR Evaluation Window 1: All paid transactions during a 31 day lookback period commencing 45 days before the evaluation date.
By way of illustration, where the evaluation date is Monday, 27th March, eBay will review all paid transactions during the period commencing Wednesday, 8th February and ending Friday, 10th March.
INR Evaluation Window 2: All transactions with an estimated delivery date that falls within the 31 day period commencing on the immediate past Saturday before the evaluation date.
By way of illustration, where the evaluation date is Monday, 27th March, eBay will review all transactions with an estimated delivery date falling within the period commencing Thursday, 23rd February and ending Saturday, 25th March.
Evaluation by destination country of the buyer
eBay will evaluate your INR% for deliveries to each country listed below, as well as your total performance across all countries.
|Market Average INR% Window 1||INR%
|Market Average INR%
|The United States|
|The United Kingdom|
|Other Countries (*)|
(*) All countries other than the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany and Australia.
- Action taken: INR% of Window 1 or Window 2 is higher than the corresponding market average INR% and eBay decides to take action.
- Non-compliant: INR% of Window 1 or Window 2 is higher than the corresponding market average INR% but eBay will hold action this cycle.
- Compliant: Both INR% of Window 1 and Window 2 are lower than or equal to the corresponding market average INR%.
Please note that eBay will start implementing the above evaluation from July 31, 2023. Transactions before June 23, 2023 will not be subject to the evaluation.
1. How can I check my performance?
We will send you your shipping evaluation outcomes to your registered email each evaluation cycle by email. Please check your account’s status from time to time for any updates.
You will see your shipping evaluation outcomes on a fortnightly basis after launch of this policy:
Outcomes of Your Shipping Evaluation under Shipping Performance Policy – Item Not Received
Rate: Action taken
Evaluation Date: July 31, 2023
|Market Average INR% Window 1||INR%
Market Average INR%
|The United States||0.5%||1%||0.5%||1%|
|The United Kingdom||2%||1%||0.5%||1%|
Evaluation Status: You may have all of these three statuses in one evaluation, and multiple actions may be taken. The most serious status will be selected as the result of this evaluation cycle.
Action taken: INR% of Window 1 or INR% of Window 2 is higher than the corresponding
market average INR%.
Non-compliant: INR% of Window 1 or INR% of Window 2 is higher than the corresponding market average INR% but eBay will hold action this cycle.
Compliant: Both INR% of Window 1 and INR% of Window 2 are lower than the corresponding market average INR%.
2. What should I do if my account has been restricted due to its performance issues? Will the action be removed if my INR% improves in the next evaluation cycle?
eBay will still evaluate the INR% of your accounts as long as there are eligible transactions. The restriction will be removed automatically once your INR% is lower or on par with the market average in the subsequent evaluation periods.
3. Links that may help you:
- What to do when a buyer opens an item not received request: Please click here.
- Service metrics policy: please click here.
Seller levels and performance standards: please click here.