As you may know, the Estimated Delivery Date (EDD) of a product is one of the important factors that customers consider when shopping online. Setting the right EDD for your products can increase your chances of selling and improve your buyer experience.
The EDD that buyers see can vary based on:
- Handling time
- Shipping option selected
- Logistics provider / carrier used to ship the product
- Item location and shipping address
- Cleared payment
Please note that this update is only for the shipping options and does not affect the handling time that you may have set in your account.
To further improve the delivery experience of buyers, eBay will be updating the classification of shipping methods and carriers from 7th August 2023. This means that you may need to change the shipping option based on the carrier that you use. Choosing the incorrect shipping option may likely impact the buyer experience, and in turn, your account health metrics.
We recommend that you correctly set the logistics and transportation time limit options according to the following categories:
- If you choose to use international commercial express service, please set the logistics and transportation time limit option to express service (Expedited Service);
- If you choose to use the full tracking logistics service, please set the logistics and transportation timeliness option to standard service (Standard Service);
- If you choose to use semi-tracking or non-tracking logistics services, please set the shipping option to Economy Service.
Please refer to the table below to ensure that your current carrier is eligible for the shipping option selected by you.
In case your current carrier is not eligible for the shipping option selected by you, please set up and change to the correct option using the steps below:
- Log in to “My eBay”, click “Selling”, and click on “Listing” tab; click on; Business policies” in the left side menu.
- Click on edit next to the shipping option – choose edit policy
Please refer to the table below and select the correct shipping option at the location shown in the table.
If you are listed on the US site, please refer to the table below to set the shipping time options.
If you are listed on other sites, please refer to the table below to set the logistics and transportation time options.
Please note that EDD visible to buyers will be based on the shipping options selected; please do not select options other than the ones mentioned above.
As the estimated delivery date is fixed, adherence to handling time is critical; breach of handling time will not lead to auto-adjustment of delivery date that would have been visible to the buyer at the time of placing the order.
It is recommended that you correct your shipping time options by 7th August 2023 to improve your performance on eBay.
We appreciate your patience and look forward to your co-operation as we move towards this change.